The Local 1200 Union’s Officers’ Nomination Meeting which was supposed to be held in conjunction with the Monthly General Membership Meeting on May 1, 2019, HAS BEEN CHANGED until May 16, 2019.
The Nomination Meeting will now be held in combination with the scheduled Candidates Meeting which is to take place on Thursday, May 16, 2019. The Nomination Meeting will take place at 8:30 p.m. The Candidates Meeting will take place at 9 p.m. The meetings will take place at the the Union Office located at 201 International Circle, Suite 230, Hunt Valley, MD 21030.
May 2019 Minutes (click to view)
The MAY 2019 General Membership meeting of Local Union 1200 was called to order at 8:01 pm on WED, May 1, at Annapolis Junction, Md. The meeting was called to order by President Danielle Flanagan.
A roll-call of the Officers and Members was made and the following were in attendance:
Click here to download the complete document for the May Minutes.
April 2019 Minutes (click to view)
- TREASURER. A general report of deposits and expenses was given
- A motion was made by Sean Smith and seconded by Fred Slade to accept the treasurer’s report the motion passed
- BUSINESS MANAGER/FINANCIAL SECRETARY REPORT: Business Manager Ken Brown provided hisreport to the board: (There is no approval of this report).
- ACCIDENT/SICKNESS: The members would like to extend its condolences to the family of Toni Hoover her mother passed
- A statement was read from VP Neil Grasso and E-board member Greg Shaffir regarding Member Adrian Kill – Action: pending
- A motion was made by Ted Spiegler and seconded by Sean Smith to withdrew funds for a 12 month CD – Action: passed
- Additional members were signed up for the technical committee created 2 months ago. – Action: passed
- Discussion was held on ideas for a lapel pin design – Action: none
- Other private matters – Action: pending
March 2019 Minutes (click to view)
- We will form a technical committee to keel LU1200 abreast of advancements in our industry
- Sending a representative to NAB
- New pins for local’s anniversary
- Since the bills are now being paid on time – the local’s accounts are moving in the right direction
- Negative information/false does not have a place in our union if it does not serve a purpose
- Contracts up for evaluation
February 2019 Minutes (click to view)
- There is a WETA shop meeting on 2-20-2019
- LU 1200 is “entertaining” the possibility of Skyping some of the meetings for those who are not able to attend- but we encourage people to come out when they can. We will not discuss financial aspects and having members to come out twice a month is…………….problematic.
- Negotiating talks continue with IBEW/TEGNA – Shop Stewards of WUSA will schedule a meeting with members to discuss progress and management’s behavior.
- LU 1200 is looking into having a picnic at Smokey Glenn Farms and/or an outing at Fun Fit in Maryland
- “In our Hearts” for Mark Finney’s brother and Lenny Rice
- We are still looking for contributors for our “My 2 Cents” for the website https://ibew1200.org/my-two-cents/
- We are trying to get “designer” pins in time for IBEW1200’s anniversary. Maybe we can have a contest on who can create the best design.
- A clarification was given for “working dues” vs “un-employment dues”
January 2019 Minutes (click to view)
- Negotiation talks with WUSA/Tegna are continuing.
- Any IBEW 1200 member going through tough times can contact the union. We have established a go fund me page in the past for members in need.
- Please contact us if you would like to contribute to “In our thoughts” section of our website.
- IBEW 1200 members are interested in training on new equipment. There will be a point person at a station responsible at determining what equipment the members wish to be trained on.
- Monthly progress reports will start in April. This is an opportunity to keep track of issues at each company. The shop steward should submit a report. Communication is key and Ken is trying to keep the lines of communication open with each company.