The Union Meeting is the first Wednesday of the month at 8pm. It is at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Meade/BWI (2700 Hercules Rd, Annapolis Junction, MD 20701), in the McHenry Board Room.
February 2019 Minutes
- There is a WETA shop meeting on 2-20-2019
- LU 1200 is “entertaining” the possibility of Skyping some of the meetings for those who are not able to attend- but we encourage people to come out when they can. We will not discuss financial aspects and having members to come out twice a month is…………….problematic.
- Negotiating talks continue with IBEW/TEGNA – Shop Stewards of WUSA will schedule a meeting with members to discuss progress and management’s behavior.
- LU 1200 is looking into having a picnic at Smokey Glenn Farms and/or an outing at Fun Fit in Maryland
- “In our Hearts” for Mark Finney’s brother and Lenny Rice
- We are still looking for contributors for our “My 2 Cents” for the website http://ibew1200.org/my-two-cents/
- We are trying to get “designer” pins in time for IBEW1200’s anniversary. Maybe we can have a contest on who can create the best design.
- A clarification was given for “working dues” vs “un-employment dues”
January 2019 Minutes
- Negotiation talks with WUSA/Tegna are continuing.
- Any IBEW 1200 member going through tough times can contact the union. We have established a go fund me page in the past for members in need.
- Please contact us if you would like to contribute to “In our thoughts” section of our website.
- IBEW 1200 members are interested in training on new equipment. There will be a point person at a station responsible at determining what equipment the members wish to be trained on.
- Monthly progress reports will start in April. This is an opportunity to keep track of issues at each company. The shop steward should submit a report. Communication is key and Ken is trying to keep the lines of communication open with each company.